This is my favourite Thermomix recipe, and a meal I could happily eat every night if forced to choose only one. A slight adaption from the old EDC, it’s quick, easy, very cheap, full of protein and vegetarian, which is suiting me more and more these days. Use it to top corn chips, rice, baked or mashed potatoes or simply have it on its own as a type of Hot Pot.
Versatile and delicious, this one gets two thumbs up from me, everytime.
Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne
1 onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic
1/4 red chilli (de-seeded)
20g Olive Oil
2 x 400g tins red kidney beans, drained and washed
1 x 400g tin crushed/diced tomatoes
100g red lentils
1/2 red capsicum (optional)
1/2 green capsicum (optional)
choice of mixed herbs to taste
2 tblsp TM Veggie Stock
2 tblsp Tomato Paste (made in TM)
corn chips & homemade TM Greek yoghurt to serve
- Add onion, garlic and fresh chilli to bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
- Add oil and saute for 2 mins at 100 degrees, reverse, speed soft.
- Add one tin of drained kidney beans and puree for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- Add remaining ingredients (including the remaining tin kidney beans) and cook for 15 mins at 100 degrees on reverse, speed soft.
- Serve with corn chips and TM Greek yoghurt.